To work in conjunction with the HR team to ensure the smooth running of all HR related processes in the company. Working with the HR Director and other administration staff, the post holder will maintain high standards of HR data management and adhering to processes.
The maintenance of the HR system is central to this role. This includes handling documentation for personal files and the maintenance of all HR records and personal data on the HRIS data system.
The general administration will include managing and maintaining employee records, employee on boarding information, right to work, security and clinical checks, and providing relevant information to payroll.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative support to HR Department, by issuing documentation to employees and contractors including: contracts of employment; service contracts; on-boarding information; changes to contractual terms; and leaver letters.
- Ensuring the Starter Tracker and Contractors Tracker are maintained with appropriate on-boarding information.
- Instigate employment checks for all new staff when appropriate, including references, “right to work in the UK”, DBS and clinical checks (NMC/GMC) where appropriate.
- Assisting managers with collating information on probationary reviews, annual appraisals, and training records and ensure they are recorded centrally on the HRIS system.
- Ensure the Payroll Coordinator is informed of employee information such as starters, leavers, changes to terms and conditions on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that all ongoing due diligence checks are carried out for existing employees in a timely manner including: driving licence checks, car insurances for business use; NMC; GMC.
- Diarise and notify Managers of pending long service awards and organise vouchers where appropriate. Issuing recognition awards as requested by Managers.
- Managing the HR inbox and ensuring that all HR enquiries are signposted appropriately.
- Raising Purchase Orders and Limit Orders for any purchases relevant to the HR function.
- Arranging monthly corporate inductions for all new starters.
- Update the HRIS system.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- HR administrative experience desirable.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate at all levels effectively.
- Excellent organisational skills; must be structured and systematic.
- Ability to prioritise and multi task with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly motivated, with a positive attitude.
- Excellent IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work confidentially.
Salary is up to £20,000.
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.