The Associate Service Delivery Director is responsible for the strategic development and growth of key major client accounts. The role is focused on ensuring operational service delivery meets our Key Performance Agreement (KPIs) and complements our guidelines for operational best-practice. This person ensures Working on Wellbeing offer excellent customer service and he/she proactively manages senior level client relationships and continuous development of our delivery capability. The role acts as our ambassador externally, and as the clients advocate internally.
The Associate Service Delivery Director takes full line management responsibility for SDM's, administrative and clinical staff servicing the contracts together with the relevant department heads to ensure our standards are met. This person also has financial responsibility for these accounts and must ensure the contract budget is managed in a way that financial forecasts are met.
Role Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: United Kingdom - You would be expected to go to 3 locations Sheffield, Redditch and London to see the client.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Service Delivery Management
- Ensure that implementation plans are executed effectively and work with clinical, administrative and operational team members to launch new clients on time, to the correct quality standards and in line with financial agreements.
- Develop an annual Account Management Plan with the Service Delivery Manager for all the jobholders contracts and then execute against the plan. This includes agreeing and meeting service level, employee engagement, client relationship and financial targets.
- Ensure that the key contracts have the appropriate grades and quantity of staff to service the anticipated type of work and the volume of work. Ensure clinical utilisation levels meet 80%, unless agreed differently with the Service Delivery Director. Ensure the contract manning will deliver the required margin and profit.
- Implement best-practise service delivery models, clinical protocols and pathways and ensure local contract teams deliver to meet contractual obligations.
- Ensure all contracts within their accountability perform in line with agreed KPIs/ SLAs and customer expectations; take remedial action when it appears that a contract is slipping of agreed KPI performance levels.
- Through liaison with medical and OH support personnel, ensure that occupational health standards (for example Quality processes) are in place at each client contract and used by staff
- Ensure production of timely progress reports to present to clients in an acceptable and agreed standard
- Identification of changes in the market / client environment which may impact on occupational health provision/service delivery and work with the client to incorporate these changes.
- Attend regular meetings with client account review meetings addressing concerns and seeking further opportunities to extend the business / offer new propositions.
- Ensure complaints and delivery issues are adequately resolved to the client's satisfaction
- Ensure that client receive a response to their enquiries (by phone and or email) within 1 working day.
- Interact with and coordinate activities of service partners and agreed suppliers to ensure joint delivery meets acceptable service standards.
- Ensure compliance with H&S regulations e.g. completion of general risk assessment for each OH Unit, H&S reporting.
- Maintenance of master client files (electronic and paper).
- Design adequate staffing structures, hierarchical organograms and lines of management to ensure contract are appropriately managed.
- Recruit and reference high quality employees ensuring that staffing levels are appropriate within a region/define set of clients.
- Take full line management responsibility for staff operating on client accounts within assigned region. This includes objective setting, conducting appraisals, motivation and disciplining of staff involved in the client contract
- Identification of training needs of staff to maintain skills and competence and ensure development of staff as appropriate
- Work with employees to inspire confidence and achieve high staff engagement scores.
- Provide support and maintain regular contact with on-site senior OH professional, administrative and other staff as required.
- Audit in association with the appropriate teams and ensure that quality standards within the client contracts are upheld
- Contract manage the Occupational Physicians services to include work flow, time and locations
- Work with the Service Delivery Director and Finance Manager to agree an annual financial budget and forecast.
- Manage the budget within agreed targets and expenditure levels as agreed, ensuring that the forecast is met.
- Monitor financial performance of SDE customer portfolio and provide guidance and /or support in achieving budgeted targets
- Work proactivity to ensure revenue and profit targets are achieved for nominated Contracts
- Understand and explain any variances between actual results and budgeted figures on an ongoing basis and make good the difference.
- Sign off / responsibility for purchase invoices and staff expenses at levels agreed by Finance ensuring you follow rules and guidelines in the process of doing this.
- Ensure accurate and timely authorisation of appropriate sales invoices be it via the Finance Team or direct, dependent on client arrangements.
- Maintain payroll cost within budgetary levels and allocated correctly to contracts, taking appropriate action to bring costs back on line as appropriate
- Chase bad debt and overdue invoices ensuring payment is made in the appropriate time frames.
- Display a competent and through knowledge of occupational health industry including a working knowledge of our product base and the relevant HR and HSE regulation governing our market sector.
- Provide internal presentations, write monthly reports and attend management meetings
- Undergo relevant training and development programmes
- Work collegially with colleagues to ensure key client contracts are always able to meet KPIs assisting with resource where necessary.
- Travel nationally and support other client contracts or colleagues when requested to do so by Service Delivery Director.
- Any other tasks, activities and duties as requested by the Regional Director and deemed a part of the Service Delivery Manager Role.
- Given travel and client demands, it is not possible to adhere to a strict 9am - 5pm timetable and flexibility regarding working hours will be required
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong leadership skills
- Relationship building and customer service experience
- People management and staff motivation skills
- Outcome focused - able to meet targets and deadlines
- Commercial and financial acumen; able to manage a budget
- Team player with awareness of personal impact
- Planning and organising skills
- Able to work under pressure and against challenging timescales
- Can demonstrate creativity and innovation
- IT literate
- Current driving licence
- An understanding of the Occupational Health marketplace preferred
- Degree preferred, but not essential
Health, Safety & Environment Responsibilities
- Take reasonable care of your own and others health and safety
- Co-operate with your employer, making sure you attend required training and you understand and comply with the company's health, safety and environmental policies
- Not to interfere with or misuse workplace facilities or equipment
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses through the appropriate channels in addition to any hazards or defects observed in the workplace
- Improve energy efficiencies at our sites, reduce or reuse materials where appropriate, and recycle where possible
- Report all non-conformances
In addition to the above, managers responsibilities within the organisation are:
- Ensuring that staff are appropriately trained and supervised
- Appropriately identify, assess and manage health, safety and environmental risks
- Undertake health and safety risk assessments and implement measures to eliminate or control these risks
- Ensure that accidents, incidents, near misses and any non-conformances are reported correctly
- Promote environmental awareness and encourage employees to minimise waste, improve energy efficiencies and reduce their impact on their immediate and wider surroundings
Information Security Responsibilities
- Ensure you comply with all aspects of our Information Security Management system
- Ensure you read and understand our Information Security policies (eg Data Protection)
- Ensure full compliance with the confidentiality statement issued to you upon employment. This includes being wary of the different types of processing that can be carried out on information including informal communications outside of the office.
- Ensure you report any identified or suspected information security incidents and weaknesses through the reporting system
- Ensure you comply with all aspects of our Quality Management system
- Ensure you have read and understood our Quality Policy
- Ensure commitment to enhancing customer satisfaction through delivering a quality service in all aspects of your role