• To provide information support to users of the company’s critical systems enabling insights, performance trends and optimisation of resources and highlighting opportunity for improvement. • To ensure systems help drive productivity and service quality improvements throughout the operations Identify the business drivers and the context in which the role will operate now and, in the future.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To enable successful IT projects and implementations by making effective use of data and ensuring to fully capture requirements leading to design and change documents forming parts of proposals to provide accurate request to partners and suppliers engaged in the delivery.
• Driving the end-to-end requirements management process.
• To support access and operating knowledge of occupational health and EAP platforms used by the business.
• To establish and support consistent processes for management of support tickets and testing processes.
• Ensuring the consistent processes for making requests for effective change and implementation to minimise disruption and downtime for the business.
• Managing relationships and performance of software partners utilising recognised communications tools and service delivery reporting models and KPI information.
• Determining roadmaps for module development and future system capabilities working with clients and staff and delivery partners.
• Responsible for obtaining approvals and inputs to budgets for software assets development and maintenance including specifications costing and liaisons with finance and sales functions. Creating and maintaining fit for purpose document standards and secure access to support end users and for training purposes.
• Create and maintain record systems to support process and legislation compliance including information security standards and evidence of contract compliance (certifications).
• Identifying opportunities for cost or process improvement or advantage by use or leverage of the software applications or wider infrastructure and systems.
• Demonstrating deep understanding of business requirements and process to enable effective communications with technical partners as required.
Role type: Support
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
• Strong background in business and systems analysis and managing requirements on applications development projects.
• Knowledge and experience of modelling business and functional requirements using UML (e.g. Use Cases and Class Diagrams) preferably within an established/structured method such as RUP.
• Good working knowledge of OH business including systems and capabilities.
• Good working knowledge of testing processes and best practices for change.
• Strong track record of developing application designs & specifications: functional and nonfunctional and of maintaining traceability, throughout.
• Ability to plan and manage tasks and small projects within an overall project context.
• High level understanding of IT including business applications and hardware.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and specifically Excel.
• Practical experience of project management and good standard of documentation and communication skills.
• Experienced presenter and facilitator with a track record for influencing and guiding customers & users.
• Flexible approach to support system implementations and testing cycles.
• Good understanding of governance and information security principles.
• Track record of leading teams of analysts and managing tasks/sub-projects.
• Applications development experience and relevant degree or post graduate qualification.
• Experience of working in an agile environment.
• Experience of using Transact-SQL to extract data for analysis.
• Member of professional body or institute.
• Recognised project management qualification.
Key Performance Indicators:
Service delivery performance management: Weekly review of vendor performance.
• Projects delivery performance management: Weekly review of vendor projects performance.
• Implementation and Change success: Record of vendor performance per month.
• Implementation success: record of successful implementations versus downtime estimates and overall system availability.
• Customer satisfaction survey: measure of user’s satisfaction with the service
• Value for money: record of return on investments and identified annual savings and efficiencies.