Optima Health is a UK-based occupational health care service provider. We deliver comprehensive services, including absence management, fitness for task assessments, health surveillance, vocational rehabilitation, and wellness programmes, as well as a full range of diagnostics and treatments. Committed to improving the effectiveness of our clients by delivering innovative health and wellness solutions, Optima Health helps organisations to achieve their full potential through their people. Our specialists are guided by core values of trust, service excellence, innovation and accountability. Working as one team, we are efficient and agile, and always passionate about delighting our clients.
The CPDM ensures all clinicians in their team are able to achieve agreed targets to time, cost and quality requirements, in accordance with client and business needs. The CPDM ensures that performance management policy is properly executed fairly and consistently within their team and that the Optima Health CPD Plan is delivered effectively and efficiently to their team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, motivation and support to a defined team of clinical staff
- Carry out line management tasks including managing appraisal, performance monitoring, development plans, attendance management, conduct, grievances, capability, communications, ensuring fair and equal treatment at all times
- Ensure team compliance with all relevant Optima Health policies
- Provide management reports on team performance to stakeholders as required
- Support the development of the Optima Health Learning & Development Plan and lead the delivery of the plan for their designated multidisciplinary clinical team
- Ensure that performance targets for all clinical staff in their team are clearly defined, communicated and achieved, including ensuring that targets are appropriate for each individual according to their specific job role
- Ensuring continuous improvement in terms of process and productivity
- Provide support customer relationships as required, acting as an advocate and champion for Optima Health and the value of OH generally
- Provide support to colleagues as requested to enable the development of each clinical discipline and enhance the reputation of Optima Health as the UK’s number 1 Occupational Health and EAP provider
- Support continuous improvement activity in service operations, seeking to improve cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality in line with business requirements
- Ensure decision-making is based on appropriate data and provide performance reports as required
- Ensure their designated clinical team complies with all relevant Optima Health Corporate Policies
- Be an active member of the National & Remote Division Management team, attending meetings, teleconferences, supporting decision making and providing input to reports as required
- Be responsible for identifying, advertising and when authorised recruiting clinical staff in their geographical area in line with business needs.
- Be responsible for delivering induction training and mentoring in line with the requirement of the individual job role ensuring that the recruit achieves the desired delivery and quality targets within an agreed time frame.
- Whilst the majority of the role will be managerial there may be some requirement to deliver an agreed level of client facing revenue generating activity (or equivalent activity agreed with Head of Nursing Performance) if post holder is not a clinician), leading by example in demonstrating flexibility and commitment to service excellence
- Carry out any other tasks commensurate with your level of responsibility as required by your line manager
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- You will be required to undergo and successfully gain a BPSS security clearance check in order to undertake this position.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of professional staff effectively, combining empathy and support for individuals with strong task and performance focus
- Well-developed influencing skills, able to adapt style as required to persuade and gain support of stakeholders at all levels
- Very good communicator, able to articulate complex ideas in different ways to meet the needs of different audiences and drive change to achieve future goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, able to use data effectively to improve decision making and drive business improvement
- Results orientation with a track record of achieving personal goals and being able to support other individuals and teams in achieving their goals
- Highly flexible, with ability to tolerate high levels of ambiguity, comfortable in working with conflicting priorities and able to both anticipate foreseeable changes and respond rapidly to unforeseen changes
- Ability to delegate activities effectively, ensuring key accountabilities of the role are discharged effectively when outside the boundaries of personal competence (For example, it is desirable not essential to be a clinician in this role, but the ability to effectively discharge clinical responsibilities in a cost-effective way is an essential requirement of the role)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluent English language skills: able to communicate with stakeholders on day to day basis via telephone, email and face to face in a clear, caring, courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work within a target orientated environment
- Excellent organisational skills, e.g. able to demonstrate a clear structure to your work to maximise the best use of your time and be able to make logical and solid decisions independently
- IT literacy: Able to confidently use MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Graduate level education, ideally in a health-related discipline
This role will be based in Wales and the north west.
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.