Reporting to the Head of BI, responsible for developing and supporting systems associated with the integration, storage and reporting of data held in Optima information systems.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly tasks according to priorities and schedules agreed with the Head of BI and business.
- Design and delivery of data mapping rules detailing the transformation of data from source to target.
- Design and development of ETL routines and standards to deliver the data management solution
- Support the secure delivery of accurate information using documented processes and procedures ensuring accuracy is always maintained.
- Provide support services to internal and external customers covering ad-hoc reporting, data analysis, data validation and technical guidance.
- Create and maintain accurate, understandable documentation for all MIS processes and systems.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable skills in database concepts, data modelling techniques and design principles; able to translate object and data models into appropriate database schemas within design constraints
- Experience of designing and building data warehouses based on the Microsoft SQL Server technology stack. (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Experience of developing Data Warehouses for optimal use with enterprise class reporting and analytics tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills be a logical thinker and have an analytical mind.
- Good communication skills; liaison with internal and external customers to determine and document requirements is a key part of the role
- Proven experience with building and deploying SSIS solutions with comprehensive error handling and auditing
- Experience of building and supporting systems based on a Microsoft BI stack, including O365, Microsoft flow, SharePoint, Microsoft Power Apps.
- Building SSAS data models in tabular mode.
- Using modern analytics tools such as Tableau, Power BI etc.