HELP Employee Assistance™ is available to our customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The service provides advice, support and counselling to employees about any personal or work concerns. Our service is generally available regardless of location and the HELP helpline is accessible from anywhere in the world. HELP is now recognised as a leading brand within the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) community, and customers who are currently with us include a large distribution company, several local authorities and a significant number of governmental departments in the UK. HELP is a component of Working on Wellbeing Ltd, a major UK occupational health provider.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking to appoint Counsellors who will be telephone based, to join our established Employee Assistance Team.
Location: United Kingdom
Main Duties and Responsibilities
We are ideally looking for full time applications, working 40 hours week. The work is rostered in advance with core hours between 7.00am until 10.00pm Monday to Friday and between 8.00am until 8.00pm Saturday and Sunday. Employees are expected to work a minimum one 10pm shift a week with a rolling rota on Friday evenings plus a rota for weekend shift.
We would also consider part time applications, subject to a minimum of 24 hours per week, and must include a minimum of one shift till 10pm.
Applicants will need to be able to travel for training purposes and some onsite customer work may be required.
- Experience of telephone work either in a service orientated customer care environment or social work/welfare rights helpline
- Minimum of a Diploma in Counselling and either BACP Accreditation or working towards Accreditation with a minimum of 300 hours counselling experience
- Confident and competent computer user is essential. We use several databases and programs including Word for Windows and Microsoft Outlook. Working from home, there is a requirement that you would be able to follow simple instructions over the phone for basic computer issues with our IT support team if required. Able to use Word confidently
- · Report Writing Experience is desirable
- · Experience working in EAP
- · Experience of managing psychological trauma / providing support
Health, Safety & Environment Responsibilities
- Take reasonable care of your own and others health and safety __
- Co-operate with your employer, making sure you attend required training and you understand and comply with the company's health, safety and environmental policies
- Not to interfere with or misuse workplace facilities or equipment
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses through the appropriate channels in addition to any hazards or defects observed in the workplace
- Improve energy efficiencies at our sites, reduce or reuse materials where appropriate, and recycle where possible
- Report all non-conformances
In addition to the above, managers responsibilities within the organisation are:
- Ensuring that staff are appropriately trained and supervised __
- Appropriately identify, assess and manage health, safety and environmental risks
- Undertake health and safety risk assessments and implement measures to eliminate or control these risks
- Ensure that accidents, incidents, near misses and any non-conformances are reported correctly
- Promote environmental awareness and encourage employees to minimise waste, improve energy efficiencies and reduce their impact on their immediate and wider surroundings
Information Security Responsibilities
- Ensure you comply with all aspects of our Information Security Management system__
- Ensure you read and understand our Information Security policies (eg Data Protection)__
- Ensure full compliance with the confidentiality statement issued to you upon employment. This includes being wary of the different types of processing that can be carried out on information including informal communications outside of the office.__
- Ensure you report any identified or suspected information security incidents and weaknesses through the reporting system__
- Ensure you comply with all aspects of our Quality Management system__
- Ensure you have read and understood our Quality Policy__
- Ensure commitment to enhancing customer satisfaction through delivering a quality service in all aspects of your role.