Overview of Role
Optima Health is a UK-based occupational healthcare service provider. We deliver comprehensive services, including absence management, fitness for task assessments, health surveillance, vocational rehabilitation, and wellness programmes, as well as a full range of diagnostics and treatments. Committed to improving the effectiveness of our clients by delivering innovative health and wellness solutions, Optima Health helps organisations to achieve their full potential through their people. Working as one team, we are efficient and agile, and always passionate about delighting our clients.
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead and manage the Optima Health Rail Division Clinical Team, ensuring consistent high levels of performance in terms of clinical quality, productivity and service excellence to clients
This role has UK wide responsibilities and location is therefore flexible but with regular travel required for internal, client or supplier meetings. Core working hours are 8.30pm til 5pm Monday to Friday but flexibility is required to meet business needs.
The role holder will take the lead responsibility for clinical delivery to all Rail Division clients, working within agreed quality and standards frameworks, service performance expectations and being a key contributor to the Rail Division leadership team. The role holder will also be a key contributor to the development of clinical excellence within Optima Health as a whole.
- Represent Optima Health effectively at all levels within OH client organisations as required and provide leadership and motivation to the clinical teams
- Ownership and accountability for delivery of the Rail & Transport Division clinical services including productivity, quality standards and service excellence for clients.
- Lead the team of senior clinicians, carrying out line management tasks as required, including recruitment, retention and motivation of staff. Conduct appraisals, performance management, absence management and deal with conduct, capability and grievance issues as required
- Govern clinical standards within the Rail & Transport Division, ensuring all clinical staff undergo annual clinical audit and appraisal and maintain professional registration and complete revalidation;
- Ensure all clinical policies, procedures and guidance documents are up to date, relevant and evidenced based;
- Provide access to a comprehensive suite of training to ensure clinical staff in the Rail & Transport Division have the tools and knowledge to deliver high quality services
- Lead the annual internal audit programme to ensure quality standards are maintained and continuous improvements delivered
- Contribute to Optima Health’s accreditation processes in particular SEQOHS, ISO and take specific accountability for ensuring RISQS accreditation
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Wellbeing remains high on the Rail & Transport Division’s agenda and that accurate recording and investigation of health and safety incidents takes place as required
- Act as subject matter expert on Rail & Transport, supporting clinical standards and business development initiatives as required
- Be an active contributor to the Rail Division Leadership team, ensuring delivery of the Business Plan objectives
- Carry out other ad hoc tasks commensurate with level of responsibility as requested by the Divisional Director
Skills and Experience
- A postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health or related subject with minimum 10 years post qualification experience including at least three years in a senior leadership role
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage with credibility and gravitas at any level within Optima Health, client and supplier organisations
- Demonstrable influencing skills, able to adapt style as required to persuade and gain support of stakeholders
- Commercial acumen with ability to understand and manage budgets
- Leadership role model, demonstrating values and behaviours expected of senior managers in Optima Health
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to undertake research and data analysis for management reports
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to think logically and construct sound, persuasive arguments
- Resilience and ability to deal with setbacks constructively and work to resolution of issues
- Able to demonstrate a clear attention to detail, ensuring that all relevant documentation including management reports are accurate, meaningful, easily understood and fit for the purpose for which they are intended,
- Willingness to work out of hours if needed
- Willingness to travel as required by the business
- Rail industry experience
- Experience of a similar role within OH, healthcare or related fields