Would you like to be part of a team who has been set the challenge to be the world’s leading occupational health & wellbeing service in the blue light sector?
Do you have the drive and energy to play your part in this exciting opportunity working with one of the UK’s most critical organisations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within one of the largest OH & Wellbeing services in the UK, a diverse team of occupational health professionals to deliver this vision and supporting them achieve their mission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivery of wellbeing activities in alignment with centrally governed Optima policies, standards and procedures in liaison with the onsite OH team.
- Identify opportunities to provide proactive advice on Health & Wellbeing.
- Identify opportunities for wellness initiatives with the client and the Outreach team.
- Carry out health screening tests in accordance with Optima policies and protocols and those of the client travelling daily across London to MPS sites to deliver the programme.
- Dispose of all waste - clinical and sharps - in accordance with Optima policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and demonstrate an up to date knowledge of Optima Health policies and procedures.
- Make sure all KPI's are consistently delivered
- Consistently demonstrate commercial awareness and financial probity.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Experience in screening/ consultation work and be an excellent communicator.
- Relevant experience gained within a similar sector.
- Previous experience working with occupational health, preferably for a provider, working autonomously but to centrally governed standards.
- Experience of delivering personal objectives as part of a wider health & wellbeing strategy while working within a broader team of Health and Wellbeing Specialist, but retaining personal responsibility for delivery of their individual objectives
- Previous experience in delivering health promotion events and undertaking engaging presentations to small groups.
- Appreciation of clinical governance structures.
Knowledge & Skills
- qualification in a profession allied to medicine e.g. BTEC or above award in a related subject e.g. medical /sports /nutritional sciences/ physiology.
- Communication Skills
- Full driving licence
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.