The company, as part of its growth strategy has identified the requirement for the role of in - house legal counsel to manage and conduct the day to day legal activities of the business, including advising the Company’s management team on the strategic and tactical approach to the implementation of new initiatives.
The role will be responsible for assisting with reporting on the company’s control and level of risk accepted under its commercial contracts with customers, subcontractors and suppliers, ensuring that this is in accordance with the risk tolerance agreed by the business. Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer this role is directly responsible for the ensuring the legal review, advice and drafting of a diverse range of commercial contracts along with ensuring the appropriate control and storage of its contractual agreements with customers and suppliers.
As the company continues to innovate and develop new models of service delivery this role will contribute to the legal construct of its standard documentation agreements and terms and conditions.
- Ensuring the timely review and advice to internal stakeholders of legal agreements
- Working with the customer facing teams – bid support and sales to ensure the legal input to the bid process is provided including approach to matters within customer terms that may challenge the company’s risk tolerance.
- Ensuring the timely review of supplier agreements.
- Continual development of the company’s standard terms including but not limited to service delivery to customers, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Development of MSA and framework approaches to optimise supplier relationships.
- To be the central point of contact for the provision of advice and guidance for all commercial legal matters.
- Take on an active role in customer and supplier meetings as required by the CFO
- The role is responsible for ensuring the development of and timely update, including its accuracy, of the company’s contract database including hard copy files.
- Liaison with relevant departments and the company’s external advisers to meet the requirements of item 1 and 2 above.
- First stage review in line with company standards of contract documentation at Bid, Negotiation or Variation stage.
- Work within a framework to meet strict deadlines.
Role Type: Managerial
- Educated to degree level with a recognised legal qualification.
- Experienced commercial contract lawyer dealing with complex customer and supplier agreements.
- Understanding and practical experience of dealing with commercial contracts relating to service delivery and technology in both the public (EU procurement) and private sectors.
- Understanding and practical experience (minimum 2 years) of procurement particularly in the public sector.
- Detail understanding and experience of negotiating commercial contracts
- Excellent drafting skills
- Demonstrable skill in the provision of explanatory commentary of complex legal matters into practical advice and approach to the business.
- Experienced in risk management principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective relationships with both internal staff and external advisers.