We are looking for an associate Mental Health Advisor to cover the area of Lincolnshire and Norwich a few days a month on site on our HMPPS ( prison and probation service) contract. This one position is to include all of the following sites ;
Location: In this area we are looking for per month:
0.5 days in in North Sea Camp HMP, Lincoln HMP and Bure HMP
1 day in Norwich HMP
2 days in Wayland HMP
Rate: The day rate is £220, which will include travel costs for local delivery.
Due to the nature of the contract you must be willing to obtain full BPSS security clearance including Disclosure Scotland - enhanced disclosure check and also Security Vetting which will involve completion of an online questionnaire providing personal information and providing proof of identity documents as required.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary professional team, the role delivers wellbeing assessments, and signposts or refers for any appropriate follow-up action to employees with personal or work related problems and, with client consent, will produce management reports to their employer. So, in response to a management referral, you will be delivering an initial wellbeing assessment of support needs for the client on site and liaising with third parties as required to enable case resolution.
The role includes producing a management report regarding fitness for work and working to defined ethical standards.
The role is part time, working either full or half days on site, with core hours between 8am and 5pm plus flexible as per customer requirements.
The locations include local (within an hours drive) Prison Establishments and Probation Service sites, and so a willingness to travel to various sites to deliver clinics is required.
Overall you must be able to conduct structured wellbeing assessments face to face, complete a management report and be able to work independently.
You will need to be computer literate and previous case management experience would be useful, but training will be provided.
Person Specification - essential criteria
- Degree/Diploma in a relevant subject (Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, or similar) and 2 years counselling practice experience
- Ability to listen effectively and demonstrate empathy, as well as communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to set boundaries in terms of limits of expertise and time limitations, knowledge of confidentiality and limits to this
- Ability to understand and work to protocols
- Good understanding of health and wellbeing issues within an occupational environment
- Competent in problem solving and decision making. Able to confidently convey rehabilitation decisions and to discuss these in detail with demanding clients.
- Resilience and ability to deal with setbacks constructively and work to resolution of issues
- Able to demonstrate a clear attention to detail, ensuring that all relevant documentation is collated and correct
- Good facilitation skills, able to tease out key underlying issues in both individual and group situations
- Ability to work as an independent practitioner within the OH Assist Limited professional team.
- An understanding of how bio-psycho-social issues might influence employee wellbeing and workplace performance
- Must be willing to obtain minimum BPSS security clearance including Disclosure Scotland - enhanced disclosure check and also Security Vetting which will involve completion of an online questionnaire providing personal information and providing proof of identity documents as required.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £220.00 /day
Job Type: Contract