Reporting to the MI Manager, supporting the delivery of OH services through the provision of Management Information reports produced according to regular cycles and requests to enable accurate and timely business decision making, invoicing and adherence to internal and client key performance indicators.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly tasks according to priorities and schedules agreed with the MI Manager and business
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of reports and data sources and ability to design, generate and amend according to the needs of the business
- Support the secure delivery of accurate information using documented processes and procedures ensuring accuracy is maintained at all times.
- Provide support services to internal and external customers covering ad-hoc reporting, data analysis, data validation and technical guidance.
- Create and maintain accurate, understandable documentation for all MIS processes and systems.
- Demonstrate initiative and highlight opportunities for improvements and good levels of communication
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced computer literacy including experience of using MS Excel to connect to external data sources, constructing large/complex data sets and using Pivot tables to summarise the data.
- Ability to write T-SQL queries and stored procedures
- Experience of using modern BI tools such as Tableau and Power BI to develop reports and perform ad-hoc data analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply data analysis principles to evaluate information effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills be a logical thinker and have an analytical mind.
- Good communication skills; liaison with internal and external customers to determine and document requirements is a key part of the role
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2016/17 tools such as Reporting Services and Analysis Services
- Demonstrate the ability to understand a data model using a standard notation such as crows foot.
- Experience of building and supporting systems based on a Microsoft BI stack, including O365, Microsoft flow, SharePoint, Microsoft Power Apps.