Reporting to the Senior Occupational Health Advisor, the Occupational Health Advisor will be responsible for delivering and maintaining the highest standards of healthcare in line with our standards, values and contract service specification to meet client expectations.
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Home Based, ideally located near Gillingham, Basildon or Surbiton
Salary: £35,000.00 – £40,000.00 per annum (dependent on experience and qualifications)
Additional Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
The Occupational Health Advisor will play a key role in delivering and co-ordinating Occupational Health interventions and will be required to carry out the following:
- Management referrals;
- Pre-placement reviews;
- Health surveillance programmes;
- Report preparation; and
- Provide advice on health and wellbeing.
We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills, exemplary customer care skills, commercial awareness and a thorough understanding of Word, Outlook and Excel. Suitable candidates will also be a Registered General Nurse, holding a higher qualification in Occupational Health and relevant experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Clinical Governance & Practice
- Comply with Optima Health’s clinical governance at all time
- Ensure all clinical practices are ethical, appropriate and evidence based.
- All forms used are approved through Optima Health’s clinical & quality governance.
- To assist in preventive strategies to promote a safe and healthy working environment.
- To provide professional effective advice to managers on the management of absence, rehabilitation and re-deployment and to take a key role in case management decision-making.
- To keep complete health records for clients that provide an accurate account of advice, decisions made, care delivery and information shared as required by the NMC Code of professional conduct and statutory requirements.
- To provide an assessment and advice to line managers on an applicant’s fitness for post and any reasonable adjustments that may be required.
Customer Satisfaction & Perception
- Adhere to Optima Health’s customer standards and code of conduct
- Proactive and engaged service is delivered at all times, always seeking the opportunity to exceed expectations
- Inform line manager of any restraints which may adversely affect the level of service provision.
- Graciously receive all positive, negative and constructive feedback
- Ensure you work effectively in order to deliver customer KPIs consistently
- To provide day-to-day OH advice, to assist in the co-ordination and leadership of the clinical team ensuring that the department is running effectively.
- Contributes to the development of Occupational Health standards and policies and assists in the development and establishment of protocols and procedures at operational level.
- To aid in identifying staff training needs of self and participate in the training and development of nursing staff.
- Support the Senior OHA in developing the service, identifying opportunities, needs and implement changes in practice as appropriate.
- To publicise the service to partners, other health care providers, the local community and local stakeholders as required by the Clinical Lead and OH Manager.
Flexibility & Adaptability
- Respond positively to changing conditions and unexpected obstacles
- Demonstrates proactive planning
- Take personal ownership to maintain professional knowledge and competence, by reading relevant legislation, professional journals, active membership of professional organisations, research and development, and attending appropriate study days and courses.
- To deliver care based on current evidence, best practice and, where applicable, validated available research. To maintain your own PREP portfolio.
- All duties must be carried out in accordance with occupational Health Service policies and procedures, Partners policies and procedures and with particular regard to confidentiality and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Comply with NMC and Duty of Care principles in relation to confidentiality
- To ensure that Occupational Health records are stored safely and confidentially both during and after employment.
Health & Safety
- To be aware of the responsibility of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients visitors and staff.
- Listen sensitively, make well-informed decisions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and to multiple/diverse service users.
- Communicate effectively and shares knowledge, skill and expertise with other team members.
- Produce reports that are impartial, well-structured in line with Optima Health’s guidance, timely and appropriate.
We value our team for their skills, knowledge and ideas
We care about our people and we care about what we do. Committed to delighting our clients, we look for people who bring enthusiasm and a dynamic approach to their work.
By joining us you will be part of our team, working for a business with a passion for innovation, intelligent analysis and clinical excellence. We encourage, enable and support our employees to deliver excellence as part of an agile, high-performing team. Join us and become part of our story.
As you’d expect from a leading provider of occupational health and wellbeing services, our market leading remuneration, training and development programmes ensure we keep and develop only the best professionals.