The Occupational Health Advisor will deliver and maintain the highest standards of healthcare in line with Optima Health's standards while ensuring the client's expectations are delivered.
The role will be a mix of both telephone and face to face assessments, including a wide range of Health Surveillance and Fitness for Work Assessments.
Hours: Full time
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Clinical Governance & Practice
- Comply with Optima Health's clinical governance at all times.
- Ensure all clinical practices are ethical, appropriate and evidence based.
- All forms used are approved through Optima Health's clinical & quality governance.
- To assist in preventive strategies to promote a safe and healthy working environment.
- To provide professional effective advice to managers on the management of absence, rehabilitation and re-deployment and to take a key role in case management decision-making.
- To keep complete health records for clients that provide an accurate account of advice, decisions made, care delivery and information shared as required by the NMC Code of professional conduct and statutory requirements.
- To provide an assessment and advice to line managers on an applicant's fitness for post and any reasonable adjustments that may be required.
Customer satisfaction & perception
- Adhere to Optima Health's customer standards and code of conduct
- Proactive and engaged service is delivered at all times, always seeking the opportunity to exceed expectations
- Inform line manager of any restraints which may adversely affect the level of service provision.
- Graciously receive all positive, negative and constructive feedback
- Ensure you work effectively in order to deliver customer KPIs consistently
- Support the Senior OHA in developing the service, identifying opportunities, needs and implement changes in practice as appropriate.
Flexibility & Adaptability
- Respond positively to changing conditions and unexpected obstacle
- Demonstrates proactive planning
- Take personal ownership to maintain professional knowledge and competence, by reading relevant legislation, professional journals, active membership of professional organisations, research and development, and attending appropriate study days and courses. Â
- To deliver care based on current evidence, best practice and, where applicable, validated available research. To maintain your own PREP portfolio.
- All duties must be carried out in accordance with occupational Health Service policies and procedures, Partners policies and procedures and with particular regard to confidentiality and the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Comply with NMC and Duty of Care principles in relation to confidentiality.
- To ensure that Occupational Health records are stored safely and confidentially both during and after employment.
Health & Safety
- To be aware of the responsibility of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients visitors and staff.
- Listen sensitively, make well-informed decisions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and to multiple/diverse service users.
- Communicate effectively and shares knowledge, skill and expertise with other team members.
- Produce reports that are impartial, well-structured in line with Optima Health's guidance, timely and appropriate.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
RGN with OHN qualification with at least 2 years OH experience
Key Performance Indicators
- Client Service Specification
- Occupational health standards (Work Instructions and Occupational Health Protocols)
- Annual Occupational Health programme
- Client identified key performance measure
Health, Safety & Environment Responsibilities
- Take reasonable care of your own and others health and safety
- Co-operate with your employer, making sure you attend required training and you understand and comply with the company's health, safety and environmental policies
- Not to interfere with or misuse workplace facilities or equipment
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses through the appropriate channels in addition to any hazards or defects observed in the workplace
- Improve energy efficiencies at our sites, reduce or reuse materials where appropriate, and recycle where possible
- Report all non-conformances
In addition to the above, managers responsibilities within the organisation are:
- Ensuring that staff are appropriately trained and supervised
- Appropriately identify, assess and manage health, safety and environmental risks
- Undertake health and safety risk assessments and implement measures to eliminate or control these risks
- Ensure that accidents, incidents, near misses and any non-conformances are reported correctly
- Promote environmental awareness and encourage employees to minimise waste, improve energy efficiencies and reduce their impact on their immediate and wider surroundings
Information Security Responsibilities
- Ensure you comply with all aspects of our Information Security Management system
- Ensure you read and understand our Information Security policies (eg Data Protection)
- Ensure full compliance with the confidentiality statement issued to you upon employment. This includes being wary of the different types of processing that can be carried out on information including informal communications outside of the office.
- Ensure you report any identified or suspected information security incidents and weaknesses through the reporting system
- Ensure you comply with all aspects of our Quality Management system
- Ensure you have read and understood our Quality Policy
- Ensure commitment to enhancing customer satisfaction through delivering a quality service in all aspects of your role