The Occupational Health Advisor will deliver and maintain the highest standards of healthcare in line with Optima Health’s standards while ensuring the client’s expectations are delivered.
The role will be a mix of both telephone and face to face assessments, including a wide range of Health Surveillance and Fitness for Work Assessments. Promote the health of all employees by developing and participating in health promotion programmes in conjunction with national health events and the requirements of the client.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Clinical Governance & Practice
- Ensure all clinical practices are ethical, appropriate and evidence based.
- All forms used are approved through Optima Health’s clinical & quality governance.
- To assist in preventive strategies to promote a safe and healthy working environment.
- To provide professional effective advice to managers on the management of absence, rehabilitation and re-deployment and to take a key role in case management decision-making.
- To keep complete health records for clients that provide an accurate account of advice, decisions made, care delivery and information shared as required by the NMC Code of professional conduct and statutory requirements.
- To provide an assessment and advice to line managers on an applicant’s fitness for post and any reasonable adjustments that may be required.
- Comply with Optima Health's clinical governance at all times.
Customer satisfaction & perception
- Adhere to Optima Health’s customer standards and code of conduct
- Proactive and engaged service is delivered at all times, always seeking the opportunity to exceed expectations
- Inform line manager of any restraints which may adversely affect the level of service provision.
- Graciously receive all positive, negative and constructive feedback
- Ensure you work effectively in order to deliver customer KPIs consistently
- Support the Senior OHA in developing the service, identifying opportunities, needs and implement changes in practice as appropriate.
Flexibility & Adaptability
- Respond positively to changing conditions and unexpected obstacle
- Demonstrates proactive planning
- Take personal ownership to maintain professional knowledge and competence, by reading relevant legislation, professional journals, active membership of professional organisations, research and development, and attending appropriate study days and courses.
- To deliver care based on current evidence, best practice and, where applicable, validated available research. To maintain your own PREP portfolio.
- All duties must be carried out in accordance with Occupational Health Service policies and procedures, Partners policies and procedures and with regard to confidentiality and the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR legislation.
- Comply with NMC and Duty of Care principles in relation to confidentiality.
- To ensure that Occupational Health records are stored safely and confidentially both during and after employment.
Health & Safety
- To be aware of the responsibility of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients visitors and staff.
- Listen sensitively, make well-informed decisions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and to multiple/diverse service users.
- Communicate effectively and shares knowledge, skill and expertise with other team members.
- Produce reports that are impartial, well-structured in line with Optima Health’s guidance, timely and appropriate.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
RGN with OHN qualification with at least 2 years OH experience
Key Performance Indicators
- Client Service Specification
- Occupational health standards (Work Instructions and Occupational Health Protocols)
- Annual Occupational Health programme
- Client identified key performance measure
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.