Working Hours: Full time, this role includes shift work where lone working is an integral part of the role.
Salary: 34,000.00 per annum.
Full time registered general nurse required as a Site Lead on this large contract based in Essex. The Occupational Health Nurse will, with direction from the Clinical Team Manager, deliver and maintain the highest standards of healthcare in line with Optima Health’s standards while ensuring the client’s expectations are delivered.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Day to day nursing duties will include;
- covering the treatment room and health surveillance.
- The successful applicant must be competent to carry out Audiometry testing and analysis
- Spirometry testing and analysis
- vision screening
- fitness to work medicals
- Also, must be competent to provide treatment for acute minor ailments and hold a valid FAW certificate or have recent A&E experience in order to provide callout and accident care in the workplace.
- Applicants must also have an enthusiasm to take part in the Wellbeing programme on site.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- As the Site Lead additional duties will include; organising nursing rotas, timesheet approvals, managing staff absences and audits. Full support will be given by the overall Clinical Manager.
- Ensure all clinical practices are ethical, appropriate and evidence based.
- All forms used are approved and published on the Ford Quality Manual.
- To assist in preventive strategies to promote a safe and healthy working environment.
- Under supervision, provide professional effective advice to managers on the management of absence, rehabilitation and re-deployment.
- To keep complete health records for clients that provide an accurate account of advice, decisions made, care delivery and information shared as required by the NMC Code of professional conduct and statutory requirements.
- To provide an assessment and advice to line managers on an applicant’s fitness for post and any reasonable adjustments that may be required.
- Comply with the Ford of Britain Contract Quality manual.
- Provide support with Occupational Health projects as defined and directed by the Clinical Team Manager
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.