The Occupational Health Nurse will be provided with the required training for health surveillance and will be able to provide advice regarding illness and injury at work providing triage for employees who may be referred to the OHA or local Accident and Emergency department.
They will primarily perform screening of employees who are on a health surveillance and/or fitness for work programme, providing health education as required. The role will also include some case management and support to employees who have been referred to OH. This will require occasional late evenings approximately once a month throughout the year on site, but work will be largely day time hours Monday to Friday, approx, 8 - 5.
Normal place of work will by GKN Filton however clinics are sometimes held in other local sites and locations.
There will be some administrative duties to include appointment scheduling, maintenance of records, and preparation of occupational health reports and analysis.
The Nurse will be expected to respond to incidents that occur over the weekend. Providing advice on the capability of employees who have sustained an injury or illness at work, within a 24-hour time frame. This role is shared between the team and will involve taking responsibility for the out of hours mobile phone for one weekend in four.
· The health surveillance program for the contract.
· Provide first aid care
· Provision of information and advice on specific topics
· Maintenance of adequate Occupational Health records included electronic systems
· Recording and collation of statistics
· Ordering of supplies for Occupational Health
· Producing health promotion material and engaging in health promotion activities as directed.
· Attend on site Health & Safety and other meetings regarding health and wellbeing topics, as a representative of OHD / Optima Health
· Any other reasonable task requested by Senior Occupational Health Advisor