Location: London, must be willing to travel to other sites
Working Hours: Full time
Are you enthusiastic, a self-starter, have a dynamic approach to your role and a passion for health and well-being? By joining us, you'll be part of an organisation with an ambition for delivering clinical excellence as part of an agile, high-performing team. We offer a great package with plenty of CPD and career development opportunities.
Optima Health is the UK market leader in Occupational Health and Well-being services with an ambition to improve the overall health and well-being of the UK workforce. To continue supporting healthy high performance across our client's organisations, we’re growing and investing and in short, we are going places.
To support this goal, we are seeking an Occupational Health Physician to deliver comprehensive and effective Occupational Health services to a range of client organisations, ensuring that high professional and quality standards are maintained on a consistent basis and in line with best practice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake clinics, as agreed with the Direct Line Manager, to support the achievement of key performance indicators
- Give appropriate advice on the management of sickness absence, and plans for rehabilitation, to managers, individual clients or their representatives
- Provide Occupational Health advice to clients with a continuing underlying medical condition or disability and liaise with managers and others as appropriate
- Conduct health assessments and reviews as required (e.g. pre-employment, driving fitness, etc)
- Provide advice to managers on issues relating to the working environment in accordance with existing legislation and within the framework of existing policies, including redeployment and work modifications by way of health surveillance/workplace assessments, in conjunction with appropriate managers
- Provide health education on relevant issues, promoting a healthy lifestyle in order to minimise health related absence from work
- Anticipate and meet the changing needs of customers for healthcare services within a commercial, business framework
- Work with the Consultant OHPs (COP) and the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to ensure high professional standards are delivered in accordance with business needs
- To assist, when required, with coaching and mentoring to newly employed and Associate Occupational Physicians / Doctors within region
- Support the integration all Optima Health occupational health contracts
- Maintain links with appropriate professional networks to ensure leading edge healthcare approaches and provide innovative solutions to meet customer needs
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Associate of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (AFOM), or achieved Diploma in Occupational Medicine (Dip Occ Med), or equivalent qualification
- A Medical Practitioner who has, since full registration, consolidated their skills and continued their medical education in line with the requirements of continuing medical education / continuing professional development
- Full registration with the General Medical Council
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with strong understanding of, and ability to deal with people management issues
- Sound understanding of the issues relating to the recruitment and retention of OH Physicians / Doctors
- Flexible and innovative approach to delivering high quality Professional services within a fast moving business environment including understanding understanding of the role and implications of clinical governance
- Establishing and maintaining a strong customer focus to ensure effective customer relations
- Able to identify and address professional training and development issues
- Well-developed negotiating and influencing skills
- A pragmatic approach to solving problems
- Evidence of effective team working
- Proficient in use of IT with working knowledge of Mircosoft Office, Excel and Outlook
- Full Driving Licence
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.