Deliver comprehensive and effective Occupational Health services ensuring that high professional standards and quality standards are maintained on a consistent basis and in line with best practice
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide and deliver agreed occupational medicine services to customers within agreed performance targets
- Provide clinics, as agreed with the Direct Line Manager, to support the achievement of key performance indicators
- Provide effective coaching and mentoring to employed and Associate Occupational Physicians / Doctors within region
- Liaise with professional heads of each OH discipline to ensure a co-ordinated and consistent approach to the maintenance, monitoring and enhancement of professional standards.
- Support the Direct line Manager in all resourcing issues for OH Physicians / Doctors, including recruitment, retention, management, coaching and mentoring
- Support the integration all OH Assist occupational health contracts
- Provide professional support to Direct Line Managers on policy issues and in relationships with customers
- Maintain links with appropriate professional networks to ensure leading edge healthcare approaches and provide innovative solutions to meet customer needs
- Undertake any ad hoc responsibilities as and when requested by the Direct Line Manager
- Work closely with Chief Medical Officer to ensure high professional OH service delivery
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Member of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine
- A Medical Practitioner who has, since full registration, consolidated their skills and continued their medical education in line with the requirements of continuing medical education / continuing professional development.
- Full unconditional* registration with the General Medical Council with a valid Licence to Practise
- IT literate – ability to use and be efficient with IT, knowledge of Mircosoft Office, Excel and Outlook
- Full Driving Licence
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and strong understanding of, and ability to deal with people management issues
- Sound understanding of the issues relating to the recruitment and retention of OH Physicians / Doctors
- Sound understanding of the role and implications of clinical governance
- Flexible and innovative approach to delivering high quality Professional services within a fast moving business environment
- Establishing and maintaining a strong customer focus to ensure effective customer relations
- Able to identify and address professional training and development issues
- Well-developed negotiating and influencing skills
- A pragmatic approach to solving problems
- Highly developed written and verbal and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of effective team working
This role will be based in Torbay.
Working hours will be 24 per week.
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.