Working Hours: Part Time, 24 Hours per week
Are you enthusiastic, a self-starter, have a dynamic approach to your role and a passion for health and well-being? By joining us, you'll be part of an organisation with an ambition for delivering clinical excellence as part of an agile, high-performing team. We offer a great package with plenty of CPD and career development opportunities.
Optima Health is the UK market leader in Occupational Health and Well-being services with an ambition to improve the overall health and well-being of the UK workforce. To continue supporting healthy high performance across our client's organisations, we’re growing and investing and in short, we are going places.
To support this goal, we are seeking an Occupational Health Physician to deliver comprehensive and effective Occupational Health services ensuring that high professional and quality standards are maintained on a consistent basis and in line with best practice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide and deliver agreed occupational medicine services to customers within agreed performance targets
- Provide clinics, as agreed with the Direct Line Manager, to support the achievement of key performance indicators
- Provide effective coaching and mentoring to employed and Associate Occupational Physicians / Doctors within region
- Liaise with professional heads of each OH discipline to ensure a coordinated and consistent approach to the maintenance, monitoring and enhancement of professional standards
- Support the Direct line Manager in all resourcing issues for OH Physicians / Doctors, including recruitment, retention, management, coaching and mentoring
- Provide professional support to Direct Line Managers on policy issues and in relationships with customers
- Maintain links with appropriate professional networks to ensure leading edge healthcare approaches and provide innovative solutions to meet customer needs
- Work closely with Chief Medical Officer to ensure high professional OH service delivery
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Member of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine
- A Medical Practitioner who has, since full registration, consolidated their skills and continued their medical education in line with the requirements of continuing medical education / continuing professional development
- Full unconditional registration with the General Medical Council with a valid Licence to Practise
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with strong understanding of, and ability to deal with people management issues
- Sound understanding of the issues relating to the recruitment and retention of OH Physicians / Doctors
- Flexible and innovative approach to delivering high quality Professional services within a fast moving business environment including understanding understanding of the role and implications of clinical governance
- Establishing and maintaining a strong customer focus to ensure effective customer relations
- Able to identify and address professional training and development issues
- Well-developed negotiating and influencing skills
- A pragmatic approach to solving problems
- Evidence of effective team working
- Proficient in use of IT with working knowledge of Mircosoft Office, Excel and Outlook
- Full Driving Licence
This role will be based in Torbay.
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.