Location: York, must be willing to travel to other sites
Working Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week.
Are you enthusiastic, a self-starter, have a dynamic approach to your role and a passion for health and well-being? By joining us, you'll be part of an organisation with an ambition for delivering clinical excellence as part of an agile, high-performing team. We offer a great package with plenty of CPD and career development opportunities.
Optima Health is the UK market leader in Occupational Health and Well-being services with an ambition to improve the overall health and well-being of the UK workforce. To continue supporting healthy high performance across our client's organisations, we’re growing and investing and in short, we are going places.
To support this goal, we are seeking an Occupational Health Physician to deliver comprehensive and effective Occupational Health services to a range of client organisations, ensuring that high professional and quality standards are maintained on a consistent basis and in line with best practice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent Optima Health effectively at all levels within client organisations and the wider industry as required, promoting Optima Health and enhancing its reputation.
- Working closely with the Head of Clinical Operations Lead, provide leadership, direction and motivation to the clinical teams ensuring a passion for excellence in delivery to clients is shared throughout the organisation.
- Maintain and update knowledge of Occupational Health and Wellbeing issues in the logistics sector, proactively participating in industry networks as required.
- Provide expert pension support to the clinicians and customer.
- Oversee clinical standards and quality to ensure contractual agreements are met, quality standards achieved, and risks minimised.
- Be an active contributor to Optima Health’s wider clinical governance team, working with the Chief Medical Officer and others to continually improve quality and promote innovation and best practice
- Act as a role model for the ‘one team’ approach, working with other clinical teams and internal stakeholders to ensure clinical risks and issues are managed effectively, providing proactive support to colleagues as required
- Provide clinical assurance to sales, accounts and solution teams and represent Optima Health at bid presentations and other client meetings as required
- Be an active contributor to the contract Leadership Team, taking accountability for the delivery of defined targets and objectives and being responsible as part of the Leadership Team for delivery of the contract overall.
- Carry out other ad hoc tasks commensurate with level of responsibility as requested by the Divisional Director, National and Remote.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Member of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine
- A Medical Practitioner who has, since full registration, consolidated their skills and continued their medical education in line with the requirements of continuing medical education / continuing professional development.
- Full unconditional registration with the General Medical Council with a valid Licence to Practise
- Knowledge and experience of providing advice relating to an in house pension scheme.
- IT literate – ability to use and be efficient with IT, knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook
- Full Driving Licence
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and strong understanding of, and ability to deal with people management issues
- Able to present to large audiences
- Sound understanding of the issues relating to the recruitment and retention of OH Physicians / Doctors
- Sound understanding of the role and implications of clinical governance
- Flexible and innovative approach to delivering high quality Professional services within a fast moving business environment
- Customer first outlook, establishing and maintaining a strong customer focus to ensure effective customer relations
- Able to identify and address professional training and development issues
- Well-developed negotiating and influencing skills with strong commercial and business awareness
- A pragmatic approach to solving problems, excellent task management skills with coordinating multiple activities to meet deadlines
- Highly developed written and verbal and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.