In this role you will be delivering Immunisation & OH clinics to a wide range of clients within their work place; provide an evidence-based immunisation and phlebotomy service and provide health/lifestyle advice to improve the wellbeing of employees within customer organisations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver a range of Occupational Health services ensuring that high professional standards and quality standards are maintained on a consistent basis and in line with best practice. Travel to customers sites will be required.
- Give appropriate advice on the management of immunisations service to management, individual clients or their representatives.
- Conduct programmes of immunisation health assessments and surveillance relating to potential exposure to health risks at work and wider promotion of wellbeing.
- Provide advice on biological agent potential exposure relating to the working environment and the implications of relevant legislation.
- Provide health education on relevant issues, promoting a healthy lifestyle in order to maximise participation in activities at work and elsewhere.
- Consider the changing needs of customers for healthcare services by combining professionalism, objectivity and care in an atmosphere of trust, enthusiasm and business awareness.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team by sharing knowledge and through supporting and challenging peers.
- Maintain registration and continuous professional development by meeting or exceeding the standards set by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Support and contribute to research and regular Clinical Supervision in order to assist evidence-based practice within a framework of Clinical Governance, as required for quality health care provision
- To ensure that confidentiality is maintained and that occupational health records are accurately recorded and are securely stored.
- Manage and co-ordinate rapid access to allied services where appropriate.
- To ensure that equipment/supplies are maintained and properly stored.
- Availability outside normal working hours as may reasonably be requested
- Carry out ad hoc tasks as required by your line manager
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Registered General Nurse on first level of the Register
- Post registration nursing experience in which s/he;
- Has worked with minimal supervision
- Has 2 years’ experience with immunisations administration either in occupational health, general practice or travel health.
- Undertaken previous Immunisation training in compliance with the Core Curriculum
- for Immunisation Training
- Make important and objective decisions about care
- Provided advice to clients
- Maintain clear and concise documentation as per recommended standards set out by Green Book: Immunisation against infectious disease, Chapter 4.
- Registration and continuous professional development maintained in accordance with the requirements of Post Registration Education and Practice (PREP) standards set by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Full Driving Licence
This role will be home based but will require travel to a variety of locations
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.