Are you looking for a new career in the health/wellbeing industry?
We are recruiting for Health Technicians to join our growing team:
- Excellent training with competitive rates of pay and allowances.
- Must be flexible as role requires frequent UK wide travel with weekly staying away Monday to Friday.
- Must be able to commute easily to and from our Redditch head office when needed.
- Must have a full UK driving license and confident in commuting long distances on a regular basis.
- Ideally we recruit sports science graduates but will consider applicants with relevant experience in the health and wellbeing industry.
Occupational Health Technician (UK Based)
Optima are a very highly regarded Occupational Health Service Provider, who, among other things, provides Health Screening Services to companies who have a requirement to ensure their employees operate within a healthy workplace environment. Due to business growth there is an opportunity to join the team as an Occupational Health Technician. Full training is given with this role.
Duties will include:
- Provision of health screening and health surveillance program, across a number of sites over the UK.
- Day to day maintenance of health screening equipment and facilities
- Recording and maintaining clear, concise medical records
- Ensuring safe storage of medical records and equipment when offsite
- Driving mobile health screening units as required
- Maintaining high professional standards at all times
- Work to strict protocols and procedures set by medical professionals within Working on Wellbeing - Technicians are required to demonstrate, or develop through their training period, competency in the performance of a wide variety of screening tests and techniques, including the following:
1) Height, weight, abdominal circumference and calculation of BMI.
2) Blood pressure.
4) Audiometry & Otoscope.
6) Vision Testing
7) Cholesterol Testing.
8) Use of Cardiovascular Risk Assessor.
9) Mobility & Musculoskeletal Assessment.
10) Skin Health Surveillance
11) HAVS Health Surveillance
12) Chester Step Fitness testing
13) Phlebotomy for PSA Testing
14) Face Fit Mask Testing for BA Users
- Demonstrate compliance with general mobile services standard procedures for mobile screening
- Consistently apply standard procedures for completion of clinical notes, data protection, handling of medical records and acquiring consent for all investigations
Skills & Experiences
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
- Basic IT skills, use of Excel, Word, Outlook and web based applications.
- Willingness and ability to learn new techniques and skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel with requirements of overnight stays in hotels on a regular basis
- Full clean driving license
- Experience in a health screening or medical environment is desirable
- Health related qualifications are preferable but similar workplace/educational experiences considered.
Job Type: Full-time