Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Following training and assessment, the OHT will undertake agreed clinical activities relevant to Optima Health occupational health services including phlebotomy, taking blood pressures, drug and alcohol screening and health surveillance.
- Assist in undertaking a range of service items e.g. Drivers medicals, Well Person medicals and any other service that may be required.
- Undertake workplace visits for any issues relating to health at work relating to the OHT’s scope of practice.
- Be accountable for delivery, recording and reporting health surveillance and escalating results of concern to a specialist clinician, either nursing or medical.
- Carry out infection and immunity screening for staff and take appropriate action according to established policies and protocols.
- Ensure the delivery of the highest possible standards of quality assured, evidence-based practice.
- Work unsupervised at times both in the department and at other premises, delivering high standard OH services to clients allocated to their care.
- Assist the Occupational Nursing Staff in supporting the clinical activities of the business.
- Be responsible for cleaning and stock checking clinical areas as per protocols and checklists. Help maintain clinical supplies and ensure that all clinical rooms are suitably maintained on a daily basis for the clinics to be carried out.
- Comply with all Optima Health policies, procedures and practices and to be responsible for keeping up to date with any changes to these;
- Help promote the health and wellbeing of employees.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Experience or NVQ level 2/3 or similar technical certificates required for this post. e.g.
- HAVS Tiers 1 & 2
- Must be able to demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Optima Health’s values;
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent abilities in establishing, maintaining and developing internal and external business relationships;
- Time Management, planning and organisation required. Ability to prioritize and adjust as appropriate, own workload to ensure tasks are progressed/completed in timely manner.
- To be able to demonstrate they have worked within a health care setting or similar discipline and are able to undertake and perform technical procedures;
- Experience and confident of working with IT systems;
- Have working knowledge of health and safety legislation;
- Willingness to travel as required by the business;
- Willingness to drive an Optima Health mobile OH unit to deliver OH Services;
- Attend regular team training and contribute towards the development of ‘new ways of working’;
- To undertake chaperone duties;
- To undertake any other duties, which are reasonably required.
- Competent to undertake training of new staff, bank staff or temporary staff and to supervise work until competencies are secured.
- Competent to deliver Substance Abuse Testing (SAT).
- Willingness to undertake training to deliver vaccinations.
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.