Are you looking for a new career in the health/wellbeing industry?
We are recruiting for Health Technicians to join our growing team:
- Excellent training with competitive rates of pay and allowances.
- Must be flexible as role requires frequent UK wide travel with weekly staying away Monday to Friday.
- Must have a full UK driving license and confident in commuting long distances on a regular basis.
- Ideally we recruit sports science graduates but will consider applicants with relevant experience in the health and wellbeing industry.
Occupational Health Technician (UK Based)
Optima are a very highly regarded Occupational Health Service Provider, who, among other things, provides Health Screening Services to companies who have a requirement to ensure their employees operate within a healthy workplace environment. Due to business growth there is an opportunity to join the team as an Occupational Health Technician. Full training is given with this role.
Duties will include:
- Provision of health screening and health surveillance program, across a number of sites over the UK.
- Day to day maintenance of health screening equipment and facilities
- Recording and maintaining clear, concise medical records
- Ensuring safe storage of medical records and equipment when offsite
- Driving mobile health screening units as required
- Maintaining high professional standards at all times
- Work to strict protocols and procedures set by medical professionals within Working on Wellbeing - Technicians are required to demonstrate, or develop through their training period, competency in the performance of a wide variety of screening tests and techniques, including the following:
1) Height, weight, abdominal circumference and calculation of BMI.
2) Blood pressure.
4) Audiometry & Otoscope.
6) Vision Testing
7) Cholesterol Testing.
8) Use of Cardiovascular Risk Assessor.
9) Mobility & Musculoskeletal Assessment.
10) Skin Health Surveillance
11) HAVS Health Surveillance
12) Chester Step Fitness testing
13) Phlebotomy for PSA Testing
14) Face Fit Mask Testing for BA Users
- Demonstrate compliance with general mobile services standard procedures for mobile screening
- Consistently apply standard procedures for completion of clinical notes, data protection, handling of medical records and acquiring consent for all investigations.
Skills & Experiences
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
- Basic IT skills, use of Excel, Word, Outlook and web based applications.
- Willingness and ability to learn new techniques and skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel with requirements of overnight stays in hotels on a regular basis
- Full clean driving license
- Experience in a health screening or medical environment is desirable
- Health related qualifications are preferable but similar workplace/educational experiences considered.
For more details please contact Joshua.email@example.com
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.