Location: Redditch with frequent UK-wide travel
Working Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Looking for a new career in the Health and Well-being industry? - We're recruiting for Health
Technicians to join our growing team.
Are you enthusiastic, a self-starter, have a dynamic approach to your role and a passion for health and well-being or looking for an opportunity to join the industry and make your mark? By joining us, you will be part of a team in a business with a passion for delivering clinical excellence as part of an agile, high-performing team. We offer a great package with plenty of CPD and career development opportunities.
Optima Health is the UK market leader in Occupational Health and Well-being services with an ambition to improve the overall health and well-being of the UK workforce. To continue supporting healthy high performance across our client's organisations, we’re growing and investing and in short, we are going places.
To support our exciting strategy, we're currently looking for Health Technicians to join our growing team, helping to deliver quality Health Screening Services across our client sites, helping ensure their employees operate within a healthy workplace environment. Don't worry if you don't possess previous experience - Full training can be provided for those who are eager to learn and share our passion!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of health screening and health surveillance program, across various client sites throughout the UK
- Demonstrate compliance with general mobile services standard procedures for mobile screening, maintaining high professional standards at all times
- Technicians are required to demonstrate, or develop through their training period, competency in the performance of a wide variety of screening tests and techniques, including the following:-
- Height, weight, abdominal circumference and calculation of BMI
- Blood pressure
- Audiometry & Otoscope
- Vision Testing
- Cholesterol Testing
- Use of Cardiovascular Risk Assessor
- Mobility & Musculoskeletal Assessment
- Skin Health Surveillance
- HAVS Health Surveillance
- Chester Step Fitness testing
- Phlebotomy for PSA Testing
- Face Fit Mask Testing for BA Users
- Consistently apply standard procedures for recording and maintaining clinical notes, handling of medical records, adhering to data protection, and acquiring consent for all investigations
- Day to day maintenance of health screening equipment and facilities, ensuring safe storage of medical records and equipment when offsite
- Driving mobile health screening units as required
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Health related qualifications are preferable but similar workplace/educational experiences considered
- Ideally we recruit sports science graduates but will consider applicants with relevant experience in the health and well-being industry
- Previous experience in a health screening or medical environment is desirable
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Willingness and ability to learn new techniques and skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel with requirement of overnight stays in hotels on a regular basis
- Basic IT skills, use of Excel, Word, Outlook and web based applications
- Full clean driving license and confident in commuting long distances on a regular basis
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.