Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Following training and assessment, the OHT will undertake agreed clinical activities relevant to Optima Health occupational health services including phlebotomy, taking blood pressures, drug and alcohol screening and health surveillance.
- Assist in undertaking a range of service items e.g. Drivers medicals, Well Person medicals and any other service that may be required.
- Undertake workplace visits for any issues relating to health at work relating to the OHT’s scope of practice.
- Be accountable for delivery, recording and reporting health surveillance and escalating results of concern to a specialist clinician, either nursing or medical.
- Carry out infection and immunity screening for staff and take appropriate action according to established policies and protocols.
- Ensure the delivery of the highest possible standards of quality assured, evidence-based practice.
- Work unsupervised at times both in the department and at other premises, delivering high standard OH services to clients allocated to their care.
- Assist the Occupational Nursing Staff in supporting the clinical activities of the business.
- Be responsible for cleaning and stock checking clinical areas as per protocols and checklists. Help maintain clinical supplies and ensure that all clinical rooms are suitably maintained on a daily basis for the clinics to be carried out.
- Comply with all Optima Health policies, procedures and practices and to be responsible for keeping up to date with any changes to these;
- Help promote the health and wellbeing of employees.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Experience or NVQ level 2/3 or similar technical certificates required for this post. e.g.
- HAVS Tiers 1 & 2
- Must be able to demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Optima Health’s values;
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent abilities in establishing, maintaining and developing internal and external business relationships;
- Time Management, planning and organisation required. Ability to prioritize and adjust as appropriate, own workload to ensure tasks are progressed/completed in timely manner.
- To be able to demonstrate they have worked within a health care setting or similar discipline and are able to undertake and perform technical procedures;
- Experience and confident of working with IT systems;
- Have working knowledge of health and safety legislation;
- Willingness to travel as required by the business;
- Willingness to drive an Optima Health mobile OH unit to deliver OH Services;
- Attend regular team training and contribute towards the development of ‘new ways of working’;
- To undertake chaperone duties;
- To undertake any other duties, which are reasonably required.
- Competent to undertake training of new staff, bank staff or temporary staff and to supervise work until competencies are secured.
- Competent to deliver Substance Abuse Testing (SAT).
- Willingness to undertake training to deliver vaccinations.
Job Type: Full-time