Would you like to be part of a team who has been set the challenge to be the world’s leading occupational health & wellbeing service in the blue light sector?
Do you have the drive and energy to play your part in this exciting opportunity working with one of the UK’s most critical organisations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within one of the largest OH & Wellbeing services in the UK, a diverse team of occupational health professionals to deliver this vision and supporting them achieve their mission.
Working hours are 8 per week
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of own workload.
- To advise on functional capacity, job demands, ergonomics and rehabilitation programmes for employees with complex health problems or disabilities, assisting them to remain at or return to work.
- To provide expert advice/consultancy on OT issues/products within the organisation and to customers e.g. organisational level ergonomic consultancy and training
- To contribute to the development of Optima Occupational Therapy Service both within the region and nationally.
- To contribute to the development of Optima Occupational Health Services both within the region and nationally
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Full unconditional registration with the Health and Care Professions Council as an Occupational Therapist
- Eligible for membership of Royal College of Occupational Therapists
- BSc in Occupational Therapy
- Full Driving Licence
- Professional knowledge acquired through degree, functional capacity evaluation, workplace ergonomics, objective / standardised evaluation.
- A knowledge of clinical governance and risk management
- Knowledge of employment law and the Industrial Tribunal process
- Demonstrates excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Evidence of being able to work independently and as part of a multi-professional/multiagency team
- Ability to communicate specialist condition related information to employees, other health professional and non-clinical customers.
Optima Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements. Successful candidates will undergo a Criminal Record check and a Security Clearance check.