Working Hours: 8 Hours per week
Would you like to be part of a team who has been set the challenge to be the world’s leading occupational health & well-being service in the blue light sector?
Do you have the drive and energy to play your part in this exciting opportunity working with one of the UK’s most critical organisations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the leading OH & Well-being company in the UK, working alongside a diverse team of occupational health professionals, to deliver this vision and supporting us to achieve our mission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of own workload
- To advise on functional capacity, job demands, ergonomics and rehabilitation programmes for employees with complex health problems or disabilities, assisting them to remain at or return to work
- To provide expert advice/consultancy on OT issues/products within the organisation and to customers e.g. organisational level ergonomic consultancy and training
- To contribute to the development of Optima Health's Occupational Therapy Service and Health Service, both within the region and nationally
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Full unconditional registration with the Health and Care Professions Council as an Occupational Therapist
- Eligible for membership of Royal College of Occupational Therapists
- BSc in Occupational Therapy
- Professional knowledge acquired through degree, functional capacity evaluation, workplace ergonomics, objective / standardised evaluation
- Ability to communicate specialist condition related information to employees, other health professional and non-clinical customers
- A knowledge of clinical governance and risk management
- Evidence of being able to work independently and as part of a multi-professional/multi-agency team
- Knowledge of employment law and the Industrial Tribunal process
- Demonstrates excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Full Driving Licence
Optima Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements. Successful candidates will undergo a Criminal Record check and a Security Clearance check.