The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring we deliver a quality customer experience to our clients. The role is focussed on ensuring the team meets its internal quality and productivity targets consistently achieving client KPI’s.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure contractual KPIs are achieved/exceeded through actively monitoring the delivery of service.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement to processes to drive efficiency.
- Optimize resources to ensure that our service is delivered within contractual KPIs and to the highest standard.
- Act as a key service escalation point as the line manager of the Customer Service Team.
- Maintain a contract action log and actively manage all actions through to delivery.
- Ensured complaints and delivery issues are adequately resolved to the clients satisfaction
- Actively support the customer charter and brand values through personal demonstration and the leadership of the team.
- Respond to client enquiries (by phone and or email) within 1 working day.
- Interact with and coordinate activities of service partners and agreed suppliers to ensure joint delivery meets acceptable service standards.
- Oversee the induction and training of new starters ensuring they are competent to perform their role and have the necessary tools for their job.
- Ensure that operational processes are adhered to by all member of the team.
- Identify process and system improvements, prioritise and plan their delivery.
- Drive quality of service improvements through actively coaching individuals within the team on a one to one and team basis.
- Ensure that 121’s and appraisals are conducted in line with company policy and standards.
- Conduct daily start of shift briefs to resource the team’s work and actively manage the daily caseload setting targets for the day.
- Hold regular team meetings to ensure all team members are informed of the business, their performance and how they can actively contribute to it.
- Review open caseloads and deliver corrective actions to failing KPI cases to bring them back on track.
- Drive productivity improvements through the Balanced Scorecard, ensuring it is accurate always and represents actual performance.
- Display a competent and through knowledge of occupational health industry including a working knowledge of our product base and the relevant HR and HSE regulation governing our market sector.
- Deliver internal presentations, write monthly reports and attend management meetings.
- Any other tasks, activities and duties as requested by the Head of Customer Service and deemed a part of the Operations Manager Role.
Key Performance Indicators
- Client & Customer Satisfaction Levels
- Client KPI performance targets
- Productivity, Quality and Aged case KPI’s
- Telephone answer rates
- Complaint and Escalation Rates
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Strong communication and customer service skills (both written and oral)
- Solutions and KPI focussed
- People management and staff motivation skills
- Outcome focused - able to meet targets and deadlines
- Team player with awareness of personal impact
- Planning and organising skills
- Able to work under pressure and against challenging timescales
- IT literate
- An understanding of the Occupational Health marketplace preferred
- Degree preferred, but not essential