Would you like to be part of a team who has been set the challenge to be the world’s leading occupational health & wellbeing service in the blue light sector?
Do you have the drive and energy to play your part in this exciting opportunity working with one of the UK’s most critical organisations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within one of the largest OH & Wellbeing services in the UK, a diverse team of occupational health professionals to deliver this vision and supporting them achieve their mission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and pursue opportunities for wellness initiatives with the client and the Outreach team and other colleagues within Optima to encourage police officers to be more aware of their health and become engaged in taking action to help themselves be fit and healthy.
- Delivery of wellbeing activities in alignment with centrally governed Optima policies, standards and procedures in liaison with the onsite OH team.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to provide proactive advice on Health & Wellbeing with subject matter based on the evidence of the H & Wb data available.
- Ensuring the compliance of team’s health screening tests in accordance with Optima policies and protocols and those of the client.
- Ensure the proper dispose of all waste - clinical and sharps - in accordance with Optima policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and demonstrate an up to date knowledge of Optima Health policies and procedures.
- Ownership of the Outreach Service and line management of the Outreach Health Coaches.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Experience in developing, leading and delivering health and wellbeing promotional events.
- Experience in establishing a new health promotion and wellbeing service.
- Experience engaging with clients and managing the relationships; ensuring that the client is satisfied, that KPIs are met and finances are closely managed.
- Experience in screening/ consultation work and be an excellent communicator.
- Experience of delivering personal objectives as part of a wider health strategy while working within a broader team of Health and Wellbeing Specialist, but retaining personal responsibility for delivery of their individual objectives
- Appreciation of clinical governance structures.
Knowledge & Skills
- qualification in a profession allied to medicine e.g. BTEC or above award in a related subject e.g. medical /sports /nutritional sciences/ physiology.
- Understanding of wellbeing strategies and approaches.
- Suitable experience to the role being interviewed for e.g. health advisor/technician, nutritionist, personal trainer
- Presentation Skills.
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.