Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To make an active contribution in support of the client’s responsibilities for the health of its employees, specifically in relation to the physical aspects of work, the treatment and prevention of work related musculoskeletal injuries and compliance with current and pending legislation.
- To undertake the assessment of acute and chronic injuries in conjunction with medical and nursing staff and to provide effective professional advice to facilitate recovery and manage related problems and disabilities.
- To undertake assessment of the workplace for specific individuals concerns. To record findings and any proposed changes or restrictions then to inform the appropriate levels of Management of those proposals.
- To develop and implement individual rehabilitation programmes for returning to work following musculoskeletal injury.
- To work closely with the Occupational health team to ensure a co-ordinated approach to musculo-skeletal issues.
- To develop and present education and practical sessions to assist in the prevention of work related injuries. To promote general awareness of physical fitness and the benefits it can have.
- To ensure that proper records are made and kept on all individuals seen and treated. To provide the relevant information to management at an appropriate level, with due consideration for confidentiality and security of medical information.
- To specify equipment required to fulfil the role and responsibilities of the physiotherapy service. To ensure that the equipment is maintained in good working order and the site facilities are kept in appropriate state of tidiness and cleanliness.
- To take an active role in supporting and delivering an integrated service programme.
- To help collate statistics as pre-agreed, for monthly or quarterly reporting by Optima Health to the client.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- CSP and HCPC Registered Physiotherapist.
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience in treating and managing musculo-skeletal conditions.
- Acupuncture qualification and member of ACPOHE desirable.
- Experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Possess excellent verbal and in the written communication skills.
- The ability to manage and prioritise caseload efficiently for the requirements of the client.
- Experience in promoting effective multidisciplinary team work.
- Current driving licence.
- IT literate, in particular competence in using Cohort, or ability to learn this without undue delay.
Job Type: Full-time
This role can also be viewed on the ACPOHE website
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.