Overview of Role
Optima Health is a UK-based occupational healthcare service provider. We deliver comprehensive services, including absence management, fitness for task assessments, health surveillance, vocational rehabilitation, and wellness programmes, as well as a full range of diagnostics and treatments. Committed to improving the effectiveness of our clients by delivering innovative health and wellness solutions, Optima Health helps organisations to achieve their full potential through their people. Working as one team, we are efficient and agile, and always passionate about delighting our clients.
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead and manage the Optima Health account relationship with Network Rail, one of Optima Health’s biggest clients. The role supports the Divisional Director in ensuring a strategic account plan for Network Rail is defined, delivered, continually reviewed and adjusted to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and that strong partnership relationships are in place with all senior stakeholders in Network Rail
The role is required to manage on behalf of Optima Health, stakeholder relationships in Network Rail, including the co-ordination of engagements between senior managers in Optima Health and their counterparts in Network Rail, ensuring strong alignment and understanding of Network Rail’s strategy and how Optima Health supports its delivery
This role is UK wide and therefore location is flexible but regular travel is required for internal, client or supplier meetings. Location must be such that it would be reasonable to travel to Milton Keynes, the Network Rail HQ, regularly and at short notice if required. Core working hours are 8.30pm til 5pm Monday to Friday but flexibility is required to meet business needs.
The role holder will take the lead responsibility for retention of the Network Rail contract, working closely with colleagues in Business development and other support functions to ensure clients needs are well understood and that the Optima Health proposition represents the optimal solution to meet Network Rail’s current and future needs. The role will work in close collaboration with the Rail Division leadership team to ensure the team can continually improve delivery to Network Rail whilst maintaining optimal operational efficiency and effectiveness.
The role may be required to provide account management support to other clients in the Rail and Transport Division from time to time, but the primary focus will be Network Rail
- Represent Optima Health effectively at all levels within Network Rail (and other clients from time to time) as required
- Provide role model leadership, direction and motivation to the Rail Division leadership team and their teams ensuring a passion for excellence in delivery to Network Rail is shared throughout the organisation
- Maintain strong commercial relationships with defined stakeholders in Network Rail (and other client organisations if required) to support contract renewal /extension processes
- Own commercial responsibility for the contract including price changes, contract variations and governance of the commercial scheduleCreate, manage and continually update a detailed Account Plan for Network Rail, mapping out key account objectives, stakeholder management plans and other relevant information
- Monitor and report against the strategic objectives to demonstrate success of the contract and added value of Optima Health
- Manage contractual issues and changes for Network Rail (and other clients if required), working with legal and commercial teams as required, ensuring robust and disciplined change control at all times
- Act as a role model for the ‘one team’ approach, working with internal stakeholders to ensure delivery risks to Network Rail and any other designated accounts are managed effectively, providing proactive leadership to operational teams as required
- Provide assurance to sales, accounts and solution teams as required and represent Optima Health at bid presentations and other client meetings as required
- Be an active contributor to the Rail Sector Leadership Team, taking accountability for the delivery of defined targets and objectives and being responsible as part of the Leadership Team for delivery of the Rail Sector Business Plan overall.
- Carry out other ad hoc tasks commensurate with level of responsibility as requested by the Divisional Director
Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage with credibility and gravitas at any level within Optima Health, client and supplier organisations
- Demonstrable influencing skills, able to adapt style as required to persuade and gain support of stakeholders and drive service improvement
- Commercial acumen with ability to understand and manage budgets, negotiate with clients and ensure win-win outcomes in contractual agreements
- Leadership role model, demonstrating values and behaviours expected of managers in Optima Health
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills, able to manage competing demands and meet deadlines as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to undertake research and data analysis for management reports
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to think logically and construct sound, persuasive arguments
- Resilience and ability to deal with setbacks constructively and work to resolution of issues
- Able to demonstrate a clear attention to detail, ensuring that all relevant documentation including management reports are accurate, meaningful, easily understood and fit for the purpose for which they are intended
- Willingness to work out of hours if needed
- Willingness to travel as required by the business
- Graduate level education or equivalent
- Experience of a similar role within OH, healthcare or related fields