Working Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Are you enthusiastic, a self-starter, have a dynamic approach to your role and a passion for health and well-being? By joining us, you'll be part of an organisation with an ambition for delivering clinical excellence as part of an agile, high-performing team. We offer a great package with plenty of CPD and career development opportunities.
Optima Health is the UK market leader in Occupational Health and Well-being services with an ambition to improve the overall health and well-being of the UK workforce. To continue supporting healthy high performance across our client's organisations, we’re growing and investing and in short, we are going places.
To support this goal, we're seeking a Senior Occupational Health Advisor to join our growing team, supporting the clinical manager in enabling the clinical team to deliver, whilst maintain the highest standards of healthcare and meeting our clients' expectations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure OHNs keep complete and accurate health records for clients in relation to Pre-Employment screening, immunisations, BBV incidents and blood test results
- Ensuring OHNs provide an accurate account of advice, decisions made, care delivery and information shared as required by the NMC Code of professional conduct and statutory requirements
- Responsible for conducting clinical audits of OHSs and OHNs to ensure approved processes, through Optima Health’s clinical & quality governance are followed
- Assist in reviewing & implementing occupational health standards, policies and SOPs and ensuring all clinical practices are ethical, appropriate and evidence based
- Assist the clinical manager in recruitment of clinical staff to maintain required staffing levels to deliver contract requirements
- Providing induction of OH Nurses and deliver additional mentoring, support and coaching
- Understand customer requirements and KPIs to support effective resource planning e.g. Flu Planning for contracts
- Undertake ongoing training to maintain skills and competence
- Administer vaccinations, carry out venepuncture and undertake case management to clients at multiple clinic sites when required
- Regular liaison with designated customer personnel and presence at meetings and events e.g. Attendance at infection control meetings
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- NMC Registered RGN
- Preferably OH Qualified to Diploma / Degree level
- Previous experience as Senior Occupational Advisor or extensive Occupational Advisor experience gained within the NHS
- Significant Case Management experience
- First rate interpersonal and communication skills, (both written and verbal), with ability to advise, influence and develop positive relationships
- Highly developed organisational skills both to manage own workload and the workflow of the clinical team
- A problem solver – Adaptable and resilient in face of adversity, seeks out alternative solutions to overcome barriers and proactive in identifying opportunities to improve established ways of working
- Proficient in IT, working with databases and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with capability to produce high quality reports, spreadsheets and other MI in appropriate formats
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.