- Management and co-ordination of the contract.
- Line management of a team of OHA’s and Technicians.
- Provide specialist occupational health advice and support to line managers and HR managers, customers, and service delivery.
- Preparation of occupational health policies, standards and procedures in liaison with Optima Health management.
- Quality auditing.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm
Salary: up to £42,000.00
This role will require travel around the Birmingham area.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and co-ordination of the contract in line with commercial obligations.
- Provide specialist occupational health advice and support to OHA’s and Technicians working as part of a team. Working closely with service delivery to enhance contract performance. Working with customers to ensure a high standard of clinical performance and return on investment.
- Preparation and delivering of occupational health policies, standards and procedures in liaison with Optima Health management.
- Regular liaison with designated client personnel.
- Prepare objectives and targets for measuring performance of occupational health service.
- Monitor referrals through collation, analysis and interpretation of health-related data e.g. sickness absence referrals.
- Production of progress reports for the client.
- Management, objective setting and motivation of staff involved in the client contract.
- Recruitment and subsequent management of staff. Approval of time sheets, expenses, holidays etc. Objective setting and hosting appraisals and 1-2-1’s. Supporting with learning and development. Monitoring workloads, throughput and performance of OH team. Supporting Resourcing and Scheduling to maximise efficiency, utilisation and productivity.
- Auditing of occupational health service and personnel.
- Supervision and provision of client occupational health services to include; Review pre-placement health assessment questionnaires within agreed timescales and advise whether the applicant is suitably fit for employment, along with any recommended workplace adjustments. Where necessary obtain medical reports and arrange referral to an independent medical specialist. Where it has been identified perform health surveillance and fitness for work health screening. Complete PAM cases by telephone and face to face. Complete all levels of health surveillance. Complete fitness for task medicals. Complete scrutiny and triage. Provide managers with occupational health advice on short- and long-term sickness absence cases, outlining in detail rehabilitation and redeployment options where appropriate. Proactive case management of frequent, short term and long-term absences providing prompt intervention in instances of: work related, musculo-skeletal and psychological stress cases. Provide annual health promotion campaigns focussing on the clients needs. Oversee and arrange the provision of work-related travel health advice and vaccination service to business travellers.
- Create and deliver presentations to the client on ‘hot topics’.
- Utilise local medical resources to support the service where relevant i.e. Occupational Health Physician, physiotherapist, osteopath ensuring that a high standard of service is provided within the agreed service level agreement. In liaison with the OH Support Manager develop pathways and clinical protocols for managing frequently occurring conditions e.g. stress, musculo-skeletal symptoms.
- Become fluent in all clinical governance protocols, and delivery processes.
- Where appropriate provide advice on health related Health & Safety legislation including First Aid at Work and Display Screen Equipment implementing occupational health programmes when required.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- RGN, Occupational Health qualification.
- Previous experience working within occupational health, preferably within a team environment.
- An individual with proven experience in case management and risk assessment. Must be competent at making complex clinical occupational health decisions and giving appropriate advice to management at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to influence and gain the support of line managers, HR Managers and employees throughout client organisations.
- Line management experience.
- Customer facing experience.
- Good organisational skills both to manage own workload and the workflow within the OH team and provider organisation.
- Problem solving skills to devise workable solutions to the occupational health issues identified.
- Specific refined skills in case management.
- Computer literate.