Ensuring the team deliver and maintain the highest standards of healthcare in line with Optima’s standards and values. Ensuring the client’s perception of the occupational health service is delivered.
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Salary: £45,000 – £47,380
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Management and co-ordination of the contract
• Provide specialist occupational health advice and support to line managers and HR managers
• Preparation of occupational health policies, standards and procedures in liaison with Grosvenor Health management
• Regular liaison with designated client personnel
• Prepare objectives and targets for measuring performance of occupational health service
• Monitor referrals through collation, analysis and interpretation of health-related data e.g. sickness absence referrals.
• Production of progress reports for the client
• Peer audits
Management, objective setting and motivation of staff involved in the client contract
• Recruitment of staff
• Approval of time sheets, expenses, holidays etc.
• Carry out annual appraisals for staff
• Identify training needs of staff to maintain skills and competence
• Auditing of occupational health service and personnel
• Monitoring workloads, throughput and performance of OH team.
• Ensure that resources are used efficiently and within the agreed budget
Supervision and provision of client occupational health services to include
• Review pre-placement health assessment questionnaires within agreed timescales and advise whether the applicant is suitably fit for employment, along with any recommended workplace adjustments. Where necessary obtain medical reports and arrange referral to an independent medical specialist
• Utilise local medical resources to support the service where relevant i.e. Occupational Health Physician, physiotherapist, osteopath ensuring that a high standard of service is provided within the agreed service level agreement
• Provide managers with occupational health advice on short and long term sickness absence cases, outlining in detail rehabilitation and redeployment options where appropriate
• Proactive case management of frequent, short term and long-term absences providing prompt intervention in instances of: work related, muscular-skeletal and psychological stress cases.
• In liaison with the OH Support Manager develop pathways and clinical protocols for managing frequently occurring conditions e.g. stress, muscular-skeletal symptoms
• Where it has been identified perform health surveillance and fitness for work health screening
• Provide annual health promotion campaigns focussing on the client’s needs
• Where appropriate provide advice on health-related Health & Safety legislation including First Aid at Work and Display Screen Equipment implementing occupational health programmes when required
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to influence and gain the support of line managers, HR Managers and employees throughout client organisations.
• Good organisational skills both to manage own workload and the workflow within the OH team and provider organisation.
• Problem solving skills to devise workable solutions to the occupational health issues identified.
• Specific refined skills in case management.
• Computer literate.
Key Performance Indicators
• Client Service Specification
• Occupational health standards (Work Instructions and Occupational Health Protocols).
• Annual occupational health programme.
• Client identified key performance measures.
Health, Safety & Environment Responsibilities
• Take reasonable care of your own and others health and safety
• Co-operate with your employer, making sure you attend required training and you understand and comply with the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
• Not to interfere with or misuse workplace facilities or equipment
• Report any accidents, incidents or near misses through the appropriate channels in addition to any hazards or defects observed in the workplace
• Improve energy efficiencies at our sites, reduce or reuse materials where appropriate, and recycle where possible
• Report all non-conformances
In addition to the above, managers responsibilities within the organisation are:
• Ensuring that staff are appropriately trained and supervised
• Appropriately identify, assess and manage health, safety and environmental risks
• Undertake health and safety risk assessments and implement measures to eliminate or control these risks
• Ensure that accidents, incidents, near misses and any non-conformances are reported correctly
• Promote environmental awareness and encourage employees to minimise waste, improve energy efficiencies and reduce their impact on their immediate and wider surroundings
Information Security Responsibilities
• Ensure you comply with all aspects of our Information Security Management system
• Ensure you read and understand our Information Security policies (eg Data Protection)
• Ensure full compliance with the confidentiality statement issued to you upon employment. This includes being wary of the different types of processing that can be carried out on information including informal communications outside of the office.
• Ensure you report any identified or suspected information security incidents and weaknesses through the reporting system
• Ensure you comply with all aspects of our Quality Management system
• Ensure you have read and understood our Quality Policy
• Ensure commitment to enhancing customer satisfaction through delivering a quality service in all aspects of your role