Overview of Role
Optima Health is a UK-based occupational healthcare service provider. We deliver comprehensive services, including absence management, fitness for task assessments, health surveillance, vocational rehabilitation, and wellness programmes, as well as a full range of diagnostics and treatments. Committed to improving the effectiveness of our clients by delivering innovative health and wellness solutions, Optima Health helps organisations to achieve their full potential through their people. Working as one team, we are efficient and agile, and always passionate about delighting our clients.
This role is based in Birmingham, Sheffield or Manchester but regular travel is required for internal, client or supplier meetings. Core working hours are 8.30pm til 5pm Monday to Friday but must be flexible to meet client needs.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to manage the client relationship and service delivery for designated Optima Health clients, for which excellent client engagement skills are required as well as commercial acumen and operational leadership capability
The role is required to manage P&L performance for the designated OH clients and take proactive corrective action as necessary to ensure commitments to clients are delivered whilst revenue and profitability is maintained.
The role will have direct line management responsibility for Practice Managers where dedicated clinic hubs are required in the region, including managing recruitment, performance, development, conduct and other HR policies and procedures as required and any other clinics that may be opened in the future (currently zero hubs in the region)
The role is required to work closely with the Head of Operations (Rail Division) to ensure service delivery exceeds client expectations and enhances the reputation of Optima Health
Required to work out of hours if needed, to support incident management and business continuity procedures.
Other responsibilities of this role are to work proactively with other stakeholders including other operational and clinical colleagues, finance, quality and sales teams to support business development, service improvement, revenue growth and increased profitability.
The role is required to maximise revenue opportunities by identifying client needs, producing and presenting commercial proposals (assured and signed off by Head of Operations) and managing implementation of initiatives/new services when agreed.
The role is required to ensure that contractually agreed services are delivered to agreed performance criteria, including minimising commercial risk to Optima Health
The role is required to work out of hours if needed to support incident management and business continuity procedures
- Represent Optima Health effectively at all levels within OH client organisations as required
- Maintain strong commercial relationships with defined stakeholders in the client organisations and lead the activity to secure contract renewals and extensions
- Manage contractual issues and changes for designated clients, working with legal, commercial and operational teams as required and ensuring robust and disciplined change control at all times
- Identify client needs, produce and present commercial proposals (assured and signed off by Head of Operations) and managing implementation of initiatives/new services when agreed.
- Manage P&L performance for designated clients, identifying and controlling risks to revenue and profitability and taking corrective action as needed in agreement with the Head of Operations
- Line manage the OH team of administrators delivering from dedicated clinic hubs in Scotland, ensuring all line management tasks are carried out in line with Optima Health policy
- Develop and network within the functional teams in Optima Health to ensure that stakeholders support commercial, operational and quality issue resolution in the designated clients
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in developing the service provision to meet changing client needs and deliver service excellence
- Lead the resolution of commercial, operational delivery or quality issues by actively engaging internal stakeholders and clients and providing positive outcomes for clients and Optima Health
- In exceptional circumstances, escalate any issues to Head of Operations or Divisional Director that can’t be resolved in a timely fashion to ensure client satisfaction is maintained and enhanced at all times
- Work constructively with the Head of Operations and teams, providing flexible support as needed, to ensure that overall Optima Health commercial and operational objectives are met
- Be an active contributor to the Rail Division Leadership team, ensuring delivery of the Business Plan objectives
- Carry out other ad hoc tasks commensurate with level of responsibility as requested by the Head of Operations
Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage with credibility and gravitas at any level within client organisations
- Creativity and analytical skills, with ability to work with stakeholders to create solutions to meet client needs
- Demonstrable influencing skills, able to adapt style as required to persuade and gain support of stakeholders
- Leadership role model, demonstrating values and behaviours expected of managers in Optima Health
- Able to see beyond presenting problems and identify root cause of client need / delivery issue
- Able to communicate effectively using various methods of communication
- Ability to maintain and develop strong, trust based working relationships
- Successful track record of working effectively in a client facing environment
- Good facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to think logically and construct sound, persuasive arguments
- Resilience and ability to deal with setbacks constructively and work to resolution of issues
- Able to demonstrate a clear attention to detail, ensuring that all relevant documentation including management reports are accurate, meaningful, easily understood and fit for the purpose for which they are intended,
- Willingness to work out of hours if needed
- Willingness to travel as required by the business
- Graduate level education or equivalent
- Experience of a similar role within OH, healthcare or related fields
- Specific experience working in Rail and/or Police sector