The role of the Service Desk Application Support Technician will form an important part of the Information Systems team, helping to support the business as part of the applications team service desk.
Reporting to the Head of Information Systems, the Service Desk Application Support Technicians will be highly organised and demonstrate strong teamwork and communication skills to work with a wide spectrum of stakeholders across the business including supporting client facing teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responding to first line support enquiries, phone, email or in person
- Investigating issues and raising tickets to service providers as required
- Liaising and attending meetings and conference calls with suppliers
- Tracking progress of issues and tickets and responding to end users
- Producing standardised and ad-hoc reporting
- Performing basic analysis of change requests
- Performing configuration changes on in scope applications
- Processing leaver and joiner requests
- Validation of external data provision (e.g. Transfer of data to 3rd parties)
- Contributing knowledge to IT development projects
- Suggesting improvement opportunities to processes or system functions
- Arranging of meetings and scheduling diary invites.
- Minute taking and issuing and chasing of actions
- Liaising with key stakeholders.
- Occasional travel to internal and supplier sites
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Attentive to detail and focused
- General IT, Internet and software literacy
- Competent in the use of Microsoft software packages
- General IT Security Awareness
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience in a similar role/helpdesk function
- MS SQL query/reporting experience
- Experience of Appian and Jira software
- Highly competent in MS Excel skills (formulas, data analysis etc)
Key Performance Indicators
- Processing pace of ticket requests
- Configuration Management Ticket volumes
- Accuracy of ticket resolution and data validation
- Stakeholder satisfaction measurement
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.