Optima Health are the UK’s leading private Occupational Health provider. Our IT team work with a range of key partners to deliver application, end user and infrastructure services to a workforce distributed across the UK. With an exciting range of work driven by a combination of post-merger activity, the development of new data and digital services and the need to deliver reliable and secure services we wish to appoint an Infrastructure & End User IT Service Manager to complement our current team.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supplier management of our IT, telephony and network suppliers
- Working with the CIO to develop and deliver our End User and Infrastructure roadmaps
- Developing and promoting user adoption of collaboration tools
- Ensuring our partner provided services meet user needs
- Controlling and optimising IT costs
- Ensuring IT and Telephony asset and user management controls are in place and operating effectively
- Ensuring the security of our end user, office and infrastructure environments, including supporting our accreditation to ISO27001
- Responding to IT change requirements, including projects (e.g. new locations, refresh projects, hosting new applications)
- Sourcing hosting solutions with application teams and partners
- Providing IT and security input to customer bids
- Line management of the internal infrastructure team.
Role type: Support
As a result, we are looking for a candidate who will enjoy a highly varied workload, is able to operate at pace, while bringing increased structure and control to a relatively small team. The role requires operation across financial, technical, security and service domains.
The successful candidate is likely to have the following experience:
- 5 years working in IT roles across data-centre and/or desktop environments
- 3 years working in a service delivery or operational management role
- Experience of supplier/sub-contractor management
- At least 1 year working with cloud or SaaS solutions.
- A good understanding of Office 365 and the deployment and configuration options.
- An appreciation of IT Security controls and an awareness of the current marketplace.
- Some exposure to formal Information Security Management Systems.
- A high-level understanding of networking including VPN.
- Budget responsibility or cost control experience.
In return the successful candidate will join a small but supportive internal IT team which works closely with its business stakeholders to support the delivery of our health and wellbeing services to the UK workforce and the opportunity to operate in a can-do, politics free environment with little bureaucracy.