Working as part of a multi-disciplinary professional team, the role delivers wellbeing assessments and counselling. It requires knowledge of appropriate signposting and the ability to recognise when further action is required for employees with personal or work-related problems. With client consent, you will produce a management report to their employer.
- Undertake a comprehensive assessment of the bio-psychosocial factors impacting on performance or attendance at work.
- Identify and recommend the appropriate route for management or onward refer to facilitate case resolution
- Use motivational interviewing techniques to drive /inspire changes in attitude or thought processes as part of supporting individuals to resolve issues
- Produce reports for referrers in line with business standards
- Provide up to four sessions of counselling (including assessment session) to support employees with work or personal issues which are impacting on their ability to be at or stay at work.
- To maintain confidential customer and client records in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Optima Health internal procedures.
- Liaison and/or referral to other internal or external specialists to enable case progression.
- Handle all cases in a professional manner, adhering to BACP Ethical Framework.
- Manage and coordinate referrals using the internal process
- Escalate any cases that are unlikely to be resolved in a timely fashion to ensure client satisfaction is maintained
- Carry out ad hoc tasks to support the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the health and wellbeing services provided by Optima Health
Undertake ongoing professional development in line with business/professional body requirements
Practical requirements for the role
Must be computer literate, with strong verbal and written communication skills, able to conduct structured wellbeing assessments by telephone or face to face, complete a management report and be able to work independently. Previous report writing experience would be useful but training will be provided.
Essential for the role
- Essential: Degree/Diploma in a counselling and 2 years counselling practice experience
- Registered with a recognized counselling body e.g. BACP, UKCP etc
Full/Part term contract working from home.
Core hours between 9am and 6pm plus flexible as per customer requirements.
On-site delivery service if required
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.