The Resource Planner is responsible for the planning and reporting of the Occupational health assessments undertaken within the National and Remote division. Acting as a dedicated planner for set clients the role holder will work closely with the wider delivery team to ensure contractual standards are met. As a member of the planning team each planner is expected to cover the duties of the other as and when required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a key point of contact for set clients for the delivery of Optima’s Occupational Health assessments.
- Work with clients and Service Delivery Managers to efficiently plan the delivery of the annual programmes in line with agreed planning principles and constraints.
- Work with clients to improve their schedule utilisations and attendance rates.
- Work with the Vertical teams and Service Delivery Managers to ensure there are sufficient resources to deliver the services at all times ensuring all are working to an agreed plan.
- Work with the client to ensure they are fully engaged in the agreed plans
- Identify ways to increase all clinical practitioner and technician utilisation and maximising capacity across the business
- Be a key point of contact for the clinical teams ensuring they are fully aware of their schedules
- Ensure that all client programmes are fully administered in accordance with process and the agreed client SLA’s
Tracking & Reporting Requirements
- Update scheduling trackers with appointment bookings, cancellations and attendance data daily.
- Update MYOHportal and booking bug accurately (Resource Diary System) to reflect planned, booked, confirmed, cancelled and carried out work.
- Update the Forecasted Work Trackers weekly and review during team planning meetings.
- Update the New Work Requests daily
- Manage associate usage, invoicing and POs
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Good working knowledge of Health Surveillance and Occupational Health
- Proven scheduling experience or a graduate with a numbers-based degree
- Highly proactive with excellent communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Excel to advanced level
- Ability to analyse data
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently on multiple projects
- Ability to organise & prioritise own workload
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
Key Performance Indicators
- Practitioner productivity and utilisation
- Confirmed: Booked Work Ratio)
- Key Planning Assumption adherence
- Adherence to client reporting schedules